About this Dish: For all the fans of chaat, here is something hatake dish. Bread chaat is a mouth watering dish with the amazing combination of typical Indian chaat taste in European sandwich method.
Ingredients (Serving for 4 people):
- 14-16 Slices of Bread
- 3 Onions (Kanda/ Pyaaz)
- 8-10 Potato (Aloo)
- Coriander (Sambhar/ Kothimbir) As per requirement
- 2 Bowls of Curd (Meetha Dahi)
- 2 Bowls of Green Chutney ( Hari Chutney)
- 1 Bowl of Tamarind Chutney ( Imlee Chutney)
- 1 Bowl of Barik Shev (Sev)
- Chaat masala
- Boil all the potatoes, and grate/mash them.
- Mix the mashed potatoes and green chutney thoroughly, make sure that the potatoes have got the taste of green chutney in it or else add some more chutney.
- Whisk (fetna) the curd thoroughly.
- Take two slices of bread. On one side apply the curd so that one side of the slice is covered.
- On the other side of the bread, apply tamarind chutney with the same procedure.
- Take 5-6 teaspoons of mashed potatoes and apply that on one of the breads, spread it properly; and put the second slice of bread on it (like a sandwich).
- Apply Butter/ Ghee on both sides of that sandwich and grill it on the pan from both sides till the bread has become brownish.
- For serving, cut the sandwich into 9 pieces (3 vertical cuts and 3 horizontal), put 2 spoons of whisked curd and 2 spoons of tamarind chutney on top as a part of garnishing.
- Put sev, onion and coriander for the garnishing purpose, sprinkle some chaat masala.
- Serve while it’s still hot, it will definitely keep you tempting to get one more. You can have green chutney for dip purpose.
- If you are a fan of tomatoes, you can add them in the toppings also.
- Also in the topping you can many things like crushed puri or mathri.