What is Reiki?
Reiki is a Japanese technique for stress reduction and relaxation that also promotes healing. It is administered by “laying on hands” and is based on the idea that an unseen “life force energy” flows through us and is what causes us to be alive. If one’s “life force energy” is low, then we are more likely to get sick or feel stress, and if it is high, we are more capable of being happy and healthy.
Reiki is an ancient laying-on of hands healing technique that uses the life force energy to heal, balancing the subtle energies within our bodiesReiki addresses physical, emotional, mental and spiritual imbalances. This healing art is an effective delivery system. The Reiki practitioner serves as a vessel that supplies healing energies where they are most needed. Reiki’s ki-energies flow out of the practitioner’s body through the palms of the hands while they are touching the recipient’s body.
The word Reiki is made of two Japanese words – Rei which means “God’s Wisdom or the Higher Power” and Ki which is “life force energy”. So Reiki is actually “spiritually guided life force energy.”
A treatment feels like a wonderful glowing radiance that flows through and around you. Reiki treats the whole person including body, emotions, mind and spirit creating many beneficial effects that include relaxation and feelings of peace, security and wellbeing. Many have reported miraculous results.
Reiki is a simple, natural and safe method of spiritual healing and self-improvement that everyone can use. It has been effective in helping virtually every known illness and malady and always creates a beneficial effect. It also works in conjunction with all other medical or therapeutic techniques to relieve side effects and promote recovery.
Its use is not dependent on one’s intellectual capacity or spiritual development and therefore is available to everyone. It has been successfully taught to thousands of people of all ages and backgrounds.
While Reiki is spiritual in nature, it is not a religion. It has no dogma, and there is nothing you must believe in order to learn and use Reiki. In fact, Reiki is not dependent on belief at all and will work whether you believe in it or not.
MikaoUsui, the founder of the Reiki system of natural healing, recommended that one practice certain simple ethical ideals to promote peace and harmony, which are nearly universal across all cultures.
- One of the greatest Reiki healing health benefits is stress reduction and relaxation, which triggers the body’s natural healing abilities (immune system), aids in better sleep and improves and maintains health.
- Reiki helps bring about inner peace and harmony. It can be valuable tool in the quest for spiritual growth
- Reiki also balances the mind and emotions. Regular Reiki treatments can bring about a calmer and more peaceful state of being, in which a person is better able to cope with everyday stress. This mental balance also enhances learning, memory and mental clarity. Reiki can heal mental/emotional wounds, work through dysfunction In more severe situations, Reiki can help alleviate mood swings, fear, frustration and even anger. Reiki can also strengthen and heal personal relationships. Because Reiki enhances your capability to love, it can open you up to the people around you and help your relationships grow. By improving your capacity for empathy, Reiki allows you to connect with people on a deeper level.
- Reiki offers relief during emotional distress and sorrow. Reiki helps in the grieving process. It cleans and clears the emotions, preventing them from being so draining and offers perspective.
- On the physical level, Reiki helps to relieve pain from migraine, arthritis, sciatica ~ just to name a few. It also helps with symptoms of asthma, chronic fatigue, menopausal symptoms, and insomnia.
- Reiki speeds up recovery from surgery or long-term illness. As it helps in adjusting to medicine/treatment, it also tends to reduce side-effects. For example, Chemo-therapy patients who received Reiki noticed a marked decrease in side effects from treatment.
Reiki can be an effective way to treat immediate problems, such as physical or mental illness (recovery from surgery, but regular treatments can also improve overall health. By helping to maintain a state of physical and emotional balance, Reiki can not only treat problems, but perhaps even prevent them from ever developing Physical
- Promotes and accelerates the body’s own natural ability to heal
- Aids in deep, restful, peaceful sleep. 1hr of Reiki is equal to 3hrs of deep sleep on the healing and repair level
- Balances the energy centres (Chakras) in the body
- Strengthens the immune system allowing it to better deal with daily stress and viruses
- Relieves pain ie: headaches, backaches, relaxing the muscles
- Helps to free from addictions
- Clears toxins from the body (something of great concern these days)
- Relaxes and reduces stress
- Treats the root cause of illnesses
- Balances the organs and glands and their bodily functions
- Use in tandem with conventional health practices and medicine
- Used in hospitals to lesson pain and side effects of drugs as well as shorten recovery time
- Releases blocked and suppressed feelings and emotions
- Improves mental well-being and promotes greater ability to deal with everyday challenges
- Calms and relaxes the mind and relieves stress
- Improves the ability to concentrate
- Facilitates decision making abilities
- Enhances personal awareness
- Promotes creativity and improves memory
- Aids in meditation and positive thinking
- Promotes courage in making positive changes in one’s life
- Releases fears
- Deeper self-love and self-worth
- Improves confidence
- Calms and balances the emotions
- Promotes feelings of contentment, love and peace
- Enhances relationships
- Increases intuition and other multisensory abilities
- Helps in the progression of spiritual growth
- Deepens the connection with the Higher Self
Reiki is for everyone: it heals adults, babies, toddlers, children, elderly and pets.
For Distance Healing, Local Sessions, Contact:
Mrs. Vaishali Kulkarni (M: 9820224665)