International World Health Day
The World Health Day is celebrated all over the world by the number of people each year on 7th of April under the authority of World Health Organization to draw the attention of people towards the significance of global health. This Day is celebrated all over the world by every organization such as government, non-government, NGOs consisting of many health organizations at various places by arranging programs associated with public health issues and awareness. Basically, it focuses on growing the life expectation by affixing healthiness to the lives of people and encouraging for healthier living habits. The target of this event is the young generation of the next stage, to make them healthier to make and to make the world AIDS and HIV free.
World Health Day is drawing awareness of a significant worldwide health concern each year. Initially, the World Health Assembly was organized in 1948 in the Geneva city by the WHO. It was decided to celebrate the World Health Day every year on 7th of April and firstly celebrated around the world in the year 1950 as the “World Health Day”. Various kind of events and associated theme are chosen to run the celebration organized on the international and national level by the WHO. In 1995 Global Polio Eradication was one of the special themes for world health day. Since then, lots of countries become such fatal disease free, then awareness level for health has been increased in other parts of the world.
All the health issues are being targeted by World Health Day on the global level for which a number of programs are organized every year by WHO at various places like schools, colleges and other crowded places. It is actually celebrated in remembrance of the establishment of the World Health Organization, also for drawing the attention of people in the direction of major health-related issues in the world.
What is Primary Health care?
Primary health care may be a whole-of-society approach to health and well-being focused on the wants and preferences of people, families and communities. It addresses the broader determinants of health and focuses on the great and interconnected aspects of physical, mental and social health.
Importance of World Health Day
1. World Health Day also helps to create awareness and action on a global level.
2. Deep discussion about the different health-related subject helps everyone live life healthier.
3. Nobody can understand your health better than you.
Top Events on World Health Day and Things to Do
1. Check your blood pressure: High blood pressure is a noiseless killer known broadly for increasing the risk of heart disease and stroke.
2. Consumption of salt and alcohol: Heart diseases, brain damage, cancers and liver diseases are connected with alcohol consumption in huge amounts. Using Salt in large scale is connected with heart diseases, decreased brain functions and kidney problems also.
3. Playing various sports or exercise: Doing exercising increase heart rate, burns calories release endorphins and helps to lead a healthy lifestyle to fight from diseases.
4. Health Checkup: Annual health checkups should be done.
5. Familiarize yourself with the symptoms of diabetes: Meet your doctor and talk about your risk of diabetes.
What is Universal health coverage?
1. WHO’s goal is Universal health coverage, having a moto that everyone can get the care they require, when they want it. Progress is being created in countries around the globe.
2. At least half the world’s population still don’t have full coverage of essential health services.
3. About a hundred million human beings are still being pushed into extreme impoverishment (defined as living on 1.90 USD or less a day) as a result of they need to pay money for health care.
4. Over 800 million persons (almost 12% of the world’s people) spent at least 10% of their family expenditure to pay for health care.
5. All U.N Member States are ready to try to get universal health coverage (UHC) by 2030, as part of the Sustainable Development Goals.
What is United Health care?
UHC stands for United Health care serves all persons and groups who will be given the health facility they require without suffering financial hardship. It includes the full range of needed, quality health services, from health promotion to prevention, treatment, rehabilitation, and palliative care.
UHC authorize everyone to receive the services that labelled for the most important causes of illness and death and check the quality of those services are acceptable to improve the health of the people who will receive them.
While adopting the Sustainable Development Goals nation’s target is to achieve UHC. Those Countries which are having progress towards UHC will make progress towards the other health-related targets, and also towards the other goals. Good health always allows children to learn very well and adults to earn vice versa, also assist people to get away from poverty, and serves the basis for long-term economic development. As no country can provide all service free of charge the same UHC also do not provide it free. UHC is for particular person treatment services, it also consists of public-based services just like public health-related campaigns.